It’s a big day for you. You have an interview for your dream job. Suddenly you become anxious. You’re afraid nervousness will ruin your ability to make an impression and get the job. What do you do?
Anxiety before an interview is normal. The more you want something, the more you are likely to get nervous.
A few things you can do to calm anxiety:
- Remember that what’s meant for you, you will get no matter what.
- Recall your abilities and past achievements.
- Keep in mind that you are qualified for the job.
- Keep in mind your worth and the positions / salary you deserve.
- Keep in mind that the employer needs your skills.
- Meditate or listen to positive affirmations to keep negative thoughts and fears out of your mind.
Finally, dress for success. Go to the interview early and well prepared. And trust God that whatever is the outcome of the interview is for the best.
Note: the above tips are helpful whether you are having an interview for employment or a small business or freelance sales meeting with a customer.
Get help with career rebranding, resume optimization and interview skills practice. Email email@example.com today.