Many people go to Dubai on visit visa so they can look for work.
If you’re going to Dubai on visit visa with the hope that you will find a job, know that the competition in the United Arab Emirates is intense and it is very hard to find a job in a short period of time, especially a well-paying one. UAE is also more expensive than other Gulf countries (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, for example), though job availability is higher in UAE.
If you do go, here are a few points to keep in mind:
- don’t expect to find a job right away
- don’t overstay on your visa no matter what
- don’t trust any employer who promises that your work visa will be ready in a few days and keeps delaying delivery of visa
- don’t work without a work permit / work visa – it is illegal to do so
- don’t buy a visa from one sponsor and then work elsewhere – you are only allowed to work with the company that sponsored you (unless you get a work permit from the department of labor to work elsewhere, which you may be able to after two years only)
Get up to date information on everything. You may do so at the department of labor, immigration, or any immigration typing centers.
Stay safe and don’t take any risks. If in doubt, ask from reliable sources. UAE laws are strict and noncompliance can get you temporary or lifetime ban (blacklist).
© Radeya Business Services
Radeya Business Services provides CV writing and distribution service and career advice. Learn more about our services for jobseekers at http://www.radeya.biz
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/radeya.biz